Background

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bug Bite

I have never in my life woke up and instantly went into panic... Until Monday, August 18th.

When I woke up on Monday morning, I yawned like normal and immediately freaked out. My lip was extremely swollen and hurting like crazy. I'm not sure what bit me in the middle of the night, but something sure did.

In the photo below, both photos on the left were taken the day of the bug bite. 

The moment I looked at myself in the mirror and my lip looked like a collagen injection gone wrong, I grabbed my "Modern Essentials" book and started searching. I started with Lavender for the burning and pain. Then I applied Melaleuca and Purify right before going to work. I took the oils to work with me and reapplied every couple of hours.

Today when I woke up, I had a text message from a friend that said grapefruit will reduce swelling. I tried it and with the combination of everything so far it seems to have helped. It is still slightly swollen today and a little sore, but nothing compared to yesterday. It should be completely gone in a day or two. 

I never would have guessed that essential oils could do this. Before the oils, I would have gone to the doctor because of the pain and swelling. Now I try the oils first! 

Thanks to doTERRA for the awesome product!

No comments:

Post a Comment